I know I’m not alone out there when it comes to the winter/Christmas weight gain. Last year I fell off the rails with not looking after my weight and gained 20lbs – whoops!
I’m not the biggest fan of new years resolutions, as I think you should always be working towards your goal, but I found new year was the perfect time to start watching my health and exercising again.
To start off with, all the cakes, biscuits, sweets and crisps were cut down – A LOT. Next was to start getting out walking again.
Living in Scotland it tends to rain often, so I needed something waterproof, and that would keep my feet warm and comfortable. My choice was the Summit Womens Waterproof IsoGrip Boots from Mountain Warehouse.
The Summit Womens Waterproof IsoGrip Boots from Mountain Warehouse are a durable, highly technical pair to get you from A to B in style and comfort. Fully waterproof with our IsoDry membrane, the boots repel water and keep your feet fresh and cool when you’re on the move. Designed in wolverine suede and mesh the boots are highly breathable, with the guaranteed IsoGrip outsoles providing excellent cushioning and flexibility. Padded and trendy, the Summit Womens Waterproof IsoGrip Boots are an excellent choice for adventuring around the forest this spring.
- Waterproof – Our IsoDry membrane allows your feet to breathe whilst allowing moisture to escape the shoe, keeping you comfortable when on the move
- Suede & Mesh Upper – Durable and breathable, a lighter style of footwear for hiking, walking and sports
- IsoGrip – Long-lasting and robust, our IsoGrip soles provide stability and grip on difficult terrain
- IsoGrip 5000 Mile Guarantee – We guarantee that our hard-wearing, high traction IsoGrip soles will stand strong for 5000 miles
- Phylon – Provides extra cushioning and flexibility, improving the overall comfort of the shoe
- Padded Tongue – Extra cushioning for all day long comfort
- Padded Ankle – Extra cushioning and support moulds to fit your ankle
One of my bucket list goals is to climb Ben Nevis. I mean it’s only a few hours away so I’m not sure why I’ve not done it yet, but this year for sure. My fitness levels need to get a bit better before then, so I’ll be getting out on new adventures up until summer.
In the snow these boots held up perfectly, and with a five mile walk to start with they were super comfy, so I feel confident in wearing these when I finally conquer Ben Nevis.
My January weight loss so far is 11lbs so i’m pretty impressed with that, and it’s all thanks to eating better and getting out walking more. This year I’m going to keep it up!
Do you have any walking challenges on your bucket list?
To get your perfect pair of walking boots, head over to Mountainwarehouse.com,
**I was provided these boots in exchange for this post, but as always all opinions are my own**