As of two weeks ago, I am officially divorced. They say that divorce is the second most traumatic thing to go through after a death, and I’d have to agree with that. This has been the toughest year of my life and challenged me with more than I thought I could handle.
I’ve received a few emails recently saying my blog has inspired people to start living their lives, and create their own bucket lists, but I certainly don’t feel like an inspiration lately. I remember the days I was bringing you fun updates every few weeks, whether it was exciting things I’d done at home, or adventures in many other places in the world. But all I can tell you lately is I’ve gained far too much weight, learned to love having the bed all to myself, figured out how to live alone and realised I don’t have a damn clue who I am or want in life, but now I’m ready again to try figure it out!
Living alone has made me a lot smarter with my money, and I’ve had to sacrifice a lot of the things I used to take for granted (like regular travel). Paying bills for one is a lot harder than having someone to share them. But I’ll get that life back one day, I’ll just have to work for it!
So by writing it here, I’m putting it out to anyone that reads this what I want to achieve in the final 6 months of this year.
- Lose weight! Did you know comfort eating makes you fat? Well apparently it does! I’m working on that now though and will hopefully see a big improvement by the end of the year.
- Enjoy a solo holiday in Canada in November.
- Blog more.
- Get a better handle on my finances.
- Spend more time on hobbies and learning new skills.
- Run an awesome Halloween event.
- Start working through the bucket list again.
- Make a cosplay I’m proud of.
- Take care of my physical and mental health.
I really don’t like the version of myself I’ve become, so it’s time to work on it. Hopefully some of you are still reading, and I hope I’ll have more fun and less depressing updates for you in the future
Happy Bucket Listing